The Chaudhary Devi Lal University Library came into existence in the year 2003. It was shifted to the present impressive four storey building in the year 2010 and named as Vivekananda Library. The present building of Library is easily approachable to all the departments, offices, hostels and also residence. The outlook of the Library is decorated with beautiful lawns, besides a sufficient space for parking. Special attention is given to the facilities of drinking water, light system and security system. All the reading areas of the Library are spacious, peaceful and furnished with comfortable furniture. The Library is having a rich collection of publication which includes books, journals, theses/ dissertations, reports, newspaper and magazine etc. The Wi-Fi internet connectivity is made available in the Library to provide easy access of internet to the users. The facility of E-books and E-journals through INFLIBNET and DELNET is also provided to the users.
|Prof. Pankaj Sharma||Librarian (Prof. Incharge-Additional Charge)|
|Dr. Rajiv Vij||Assistant Librarian|
|Dr. Maya Devi||Assistant Librarian (on deputation)|
|Ms. Renu Jindal||Computer Assistant|
|Mr. Vinod Kumar||Restorer|
|Ms. Sharmila Kumari||Restorer|
|Mr. Rajkumar||Library Attendant|
|Ms. Amarjeet Kaur||Daftri|
Library Collection To cater the needs of the students, teachers, research scholars and staff, the University Library possesses a very rich collection of books, print and back volumes of journals and other reading material as per details given below:
|Category of documents||Total|
|SC/ST Book Bank||2269|
|Indian and Foreign Journals||110|
|Theses and Dissertation||629|
Membership Every year around 2000 users take the membership of the Library including teachers, students, Research Scholars and staff members. The faculty members are entitled to borrow 10 books; research scholars 5 books and students are entiled to borrow 3 books.
The library opens from 9.00 A.M. to 5.00 P.M without break. Three reading halls have been provided to the users with capacity of 250 readers simultaneously. One of the reading hall has been provided to the readers for reading upto 1:00 A.M. in the night. The Library functions six days a week by making suitable adjustments.
- (i) All the members are required to maintain proper discipline within the library premises, and observe library rules strictly.
- (ii) Silence shall be observed in the Library.
- (iii) Visitors found taking loudly, shouting or quarreling with other visitors of staff members or indulging in eve-teasing or any other act of indiscipline shall be liable to punishment as per University Rules.
- (iv) Smoking/spitting in the Library is strictly prohibited.
- (v) No combustible material such as match-stick etc. shall be allowed to be taken inside the Library.
- (vi) Damage to the Library property may lead to withdrawal of library privileges, and in serious cases, to heave find and other disciplinary action.
- (vii) Only light writing material shall be allowed inside the library. Personal books, files, rain-coats, umbrellas etc. shall be deposited at the property counter of the library.
- (viii) Any member, who is found guilty of taking a book out of the library without authorization, shall be liable to withdrawal of library privileges and/or fine. The quantum of punishment shall be determined by the University Librarian, keeping in view the intention involved and the availability of proof.
- (ix) The University Librarian shall be competent to impose any or more of the following penalties, if any student is found guilty of any act of indiscipline. (a) Warning (b) Fine (c) Temporary of permanent withdrawal of library facilities of cancellation of membership. (d) Banning entry into the library on temporary or permanent basis.
- Inflibnet Shodh Sindhu
- E-Journals Database
- Business Source Elite Database
- American Journal Of International Law
- American Journal of Sports Medicine
- Sports Health
- The American Review of Public Administration
- Asia Pacific Review
- Communication Research
- Educational Research
- Equity and Excellence in Education
- Exceptional Children
- Financial Management
- IEEE Trans on Knowledge and Data Engineering
- IEEE Trans on Software Engineering
- Innovations in Education and Teaching International
- International Journal of Leadership in Education: Theory and Practice
- Journal of Applied Economics
- Journal of Economic Methodology
- Journal Of Elasticity
- Journal of Food Science
- Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety
- Journal of Food Science Education
- Journal of Peace Education
- Journal of Research on Educational Effectiveness
- Journal of the Electrochemical Society
- The Electrochemical Society – Interface
- Sports Biomechanics
- Technology, Pedagogy and Education
- The Journal Of Finance
- The Law Teacher
- Electronic Journals
- Bioline International
- Biomed Central
- High Wire Press
- Indian Academy of Sciences
- Public Library of Science
- Transcultural Studies
- University World News
- Social Science Research Network (SSRN)
- NCERT Journals and Periodicals
- Journal of the Indian Society of Agricultural Statistics
- PubMed Central (A Free Archive of Life Sciences Journals)
- NISCAIR Research Journals
- health and Human Right An International Journal
- Other E-resources
4,928 total views, 5 views today